Defining Multiple Reservation Types
BRM lets you define multiple reservation types - if that makes sense for your business.
For example in your business you might do the following types of business:
- Walk-in trade - people just drop in and rent a bike for the day (or longer)
- Tours - you work with tour companies to provide bikes for their tours
- Advanced bookings - your bikes and your customers - but you need to set them up according to customer specifications
- Multiple Product Types - Bike, Kayak, Paddleboard, Ski, Snowboard, Snorkel rentals, etc.
BRM facilitates this by letting you define multiple reservation types. Fundamentally they are all just reservations, containing items (such as bikes or skis) and having dates, prices etc, and so behave in a familiar way. However there are also some key differences that let you help you run your business more smoothly:
- Reservation types can have different names and icons, so they look different in lists and the Planner View
2. You can specify which columns are displayed, for each reservation type. For example for advanced bookings I want to be able to record Pedal choice, rider size, rider name, but for walk-in trade I don't care about these things, I just want to record the reservation as quickly as possible.
3. You can also specify which STAGE you want your reservations to start at. For example I'd like my advanced bookings to start at PROVISIONAL, so I can record a booking deposit being taken. However for walk-in bookings, I want to jump straight to CONFIRMED as the person is standing right in front of me when I put it into the system.
4. You can optionally specify different printer defaults for your reservation types (A4 or Thermal)
A reservation's type is not set in stone and can be changed at any time.