Item maintenance check
Many businesses require a maintenance check before each rental (e.g. downhill bike park!)
The maintenance battery icon doesn't really fulfil this requirement because it is:
- calculated nightly - not on check-out / check in
- *any* service updates the battery to full
For this reason we are going to introduce a specific 'maintenance check' icon.
- be real time - it will be removed when a bike is checked out.
- only be re-instated when a specific safety check is performed.
- not replace the battery but run alongside it
- just be binary. E.g. ON when you set it. OFF when an item is checked out.
released beta - 9th August 2017
when you search for availability on bikes you will now see those which have had a maintenance check:
(you will have to show the normally hidden 'pre' column - see here)
green certificate means bike has been checked since it's last ride.
Then in the maintenance area you can set a maintenance check independently of servicing:
(the button may still be named 'safety check')