specifying booking slots
One of the most powerful features of BRM / RSM is that it is resource-driven. Rentals consist of items (resources), and you can only book those items if they are available for the given date / time. This availability has the granularity of 1 minute, meaning you can pack in your rentals - and get the most out of your assets. (see winning your game of tetris)
But by the same token, sometimes that power can get in the way of your workflow and make it harder. Sometimes you don't want to be able to book any item at any time.
- online - you only want your renters to use specified time slots like AM, PM or EVE
- back-office - you only want your staff to be able to book certain times
- tours / activities - perhaps you sell activities or tours that are constrained to certain times
Introducing 'booking slots'
You can now specify time-slots that your operation recognises.
AM - 9am -> 11:30am
PM - 2pm -> 5pm
EVE - 8pm -> 10pm
These slots will then be made available to users at the time of booking:
you will setup:
- which START TIMES you support
- which DURATIONs you support
As of June 2018 you can now specify different booking slots for you back-office and online:
This is how it looks to your users:
on the front end...(online booking)
And optionally this is how it looks in the back-office:
(you will have buttons for your 'duration slots')
Your online booking mode now respects your billable day setting:
full day mode
|1d||end of current day|