Why would you want to do this?
- perhaps you want to run all your transactions (retail and rental) through one system, Lightspeed. In this way BRM manages your rentals. Lightspeed process the payments.
- perhaps you have a sale that is mixed retail and rental - this integration lets you put both on one sales ticket.
- perhaps you want to do a rental for an existing LS customer. This allows you send in the customer to BRM in real time.
How does it work?you simply place a button in your lightspeed installation which points to BRM.
it will look something like this:
(video demo here)
then when you press the button (i.e. when you're processing a sale in lightspeed) it will fire up a BRM window in the same browser tab:
1st May 2017 - allows you to return when you like from BRM. (rather than auto-return)
you simply make the reservation in BRM (you have several different workflow alternatives depending on your business) then when you complete the reservation (or rental ticket) you will be given a choice of two buttons to return to LS:
- Return & Pay - e.g. for immediate rentals that want to pay now
- Return - e.g. for future rentals. You may want to create the rental ticket in BRM now, but not take any payment, hence just return. If and when they pay you find the rental in BRM and addTransaction - using the BRM ->LS integration to capture payment via LS.
when back in LS.... just complete the transaction in your register.
Here is a quick giphy of it working:
Video demonstrationFor a fully explained video link of it working please look here:
29th March 2017
Crucially now when you close out the sale in Lightspeed - BRM will be updated with that transaction - keeping the two systems in sync.
you can find information about how to wire this up so your lightspeed and BRM talk together here
comparison of both lightspeed integrations