BRM kiosk mode (under development)
We often get asked about using BRM in a really streamlined mode. Absolute minimum staff interaction.
Examples might include:
- a small bike fleet installed in a hotel / resort - operated by the local staff
- a very busy retail shop that does some rental on the side
The requirements are therefore to let BRM "operate the way you work" - not to force the staff to learn something big, new and scary.
But as we all know rental includes many touch points - so how do you condense rental down to the absolute minimum without compromising on quality / safety / transparency?
The answer is "semi-automated rentals". Self-service - let the customer do some of the work of the staff.
Without the prohibitive costs of all that infrastructure.
Here is how that breaks down:
- customer walks in wanting a rental - direct them to BRM running on a tablet / laptop, whereby the do an 'instant booking'. They pay using card too.
- OR customer books online - using online booking on your website.
How do staff manage reservations through their lifecycle?
- only give bikes to those who have booked, and paid?
- check out bikes?
- ensure returned bikes are checked in?
all without requiring each staff member to 'learn BRM'
The answer is using our simple kiosk-mode messaging system - straight to your desktop or mobile phone.
sample workflow (try clicking on the dummy links to get a feel for how it will work)
1. customer makes an 'instant booking' on the kiosk.
2. customer returns a bike - click on the return link - to check the bike back in.
The key point is that the staff can do all operations without even having to see the BRM back-office.
the BRM back-office is still there for more complex operations:
- inventory management
- financials / graphing / reports
- sorting out complex rental issues