We are sometimes asked if BRM can handle this type of scenario:
Customer is in town for 2 weeks and wants to rent the following:
- 4 family bikes for full 2 weeks
- 1 road bike for the second week
- 1 day on a jet-ski during second week
here is what that might look like in BRM, when you search :
Sometimes people ask if we can make the same rental ticket have different dates, but we don't currently support this. Mainly because it would introduce a lot more complexity for not much gain, and here is why:
What is a reservation anyway?
- rental item(s)
- date range
- simplicity of making reservations - choose product, choose dates, make reservation (imagine how complicated the booking process would be otherwise!)
- tying them together for reference
- sharing the client record - so each reservation SHARES the same client record, meaning no re-typing is required.
using the group tag