Many of our rental clients also do repairs so they ask if you can use BRM to take and schedule maintenance bookings.
Yes - you can and we're working to make it even better.
You can configure when you want to take booking, and for what duration.
Your bookings will come in like reservations for rentals, but you can change the reservation type so they look different:
Here is how you set this up.
Make sure you have the Tours / Activities / Events module enabled.
1. setup your 'inventory' - the service items you are going to offer.
First of all, create a Category for your service items
Create a Different Product Family for each time of service you offer
Modify the Item Type to be TAE (tour / activity / event)
Here is how you modify the Item Type, in your Product Family:
2. Now create an event for your Service Items so that they can appear as a separate 'portal'
(meaning you can put it somewhere else on your site, so it is not mixed in with your rentals)
and here is the detail for that Service Event:
Things to note:
- It is a recurring event - set to the times when you want to allow service bookings
- you can respect / ignore your regular store opening times
- you can set a custom image
- you can make it set a custom reservation type - here 'maintenance' to further distinguish it from rentals.