Changing the status of your assets
Normally BRM will automatically change the status of your assets based on what is happening to them. For example:
- upload an asset for the first time from the spreadsheet - it will be given a status of 'ready'
- an asset is checked out as part of a reservation - it will be given the status of 'checked-out'
- an asset is returned - it will be given the status of 'ready'
- an asset is marked as broken on return from a reservation - it will be given a status of 'broken'
However in some exceptional circumstances, you will want to set the status of certain assets manually. For example:
- if you enter an asset via the spreadsheet that is not currently ready, ie its not arrived yet or hasn't been 'built'. You don't want it to be available for renting so you need to mark it as 'ordered'
- a bike is stolen - you might want to update its status to 'stolen'
You change the status of indivdiual assets in the manageFleet->AssetManagement page:
- select Edit Mode - you need to make sure your user ID has permission to do this.
- choose the status you want to change to. Please Note: you CANNOT transition from broken->ready here. You need to go to the mechanic section and record a Service Update against the bike. Setting bikes to broken in Maintenance section.
- press SAVE at the bottom of the screen.